FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Find the answers here
1. Turnaround time for small orders (1-10 items) is about one week if hair is sent clean, sorted, and all hardware is in stock.
2. For larger orders please send an email to confirm turnaround time and options.
3. RETURNS - REFUNDS Because orders are created individually, custom, horsehair orders are not returnable or refundable. Please choose size and hardware options carefully, don't hesitate to email with any questions before purchasing. (Buy now items are eligible for returns and refunds).
If you change your mind about background colors, hardware, charms or braid style please reach out ASAP there is a short window to change or upgrade those options.
4. If you would like to purchase custom keepsakes or buy now items, but would rather not use the online format, let's get an email thread started - email@example.com. I will gladly coordinate with you, and I still accept personal checks, Venmo and Zelle (and cash for nearby customers).
5. ALL items are designed, and hand crafted in Ohio, USA. USA made hardware and charms are my choice and I use them whenever possible.
6. Instructions on where to send the hair are included on the order confirmation page and will also be sent in automated email after your order is placed. Be sure to check your spam folder if you do not receive an instruction email within 5 minutes after purchasing.
7. Once I receive the order, I will contact you, and I will stay in contact throughout the process. Photos will be sent of your keepsakes to ensure you are satisfied with them; please be prompt with responses to ensure your order is not delayed.
8. If you have any questions about ordering, products or designs? Don't hesitate to email before ordering. firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Adding tracking to your package when sending hair/ashes is recommended
10. Your keepsakes will be sent to you with an electronic tracking number.
11. Drop off and pickup orders are welcome if you are nearby!
12. Orders are prioritized in the order the hair is received.
Will you send unused horsehair back to me?
All usable horsehair will be sent back to you. The unusable horsehair is collected and donated to
The Ohio 577 Foundation and Bowsher Highschool Art Department, then used in ceramics classes.
Every effort is made to send as much hair back as possible.
How much should I send?
Ash Keepsakes - 1 teaspoon
Braided Necklaces & Hat bands- at least 22" as thick as a chap stick tube
Braided Bracelets - at least 12" as thick as a standard Sharpie marker
Glass Globe Pendants - at least one long strand
Hat Pins - at least one long strand
Necklace Pendants - at least one long strand
Tassels - Necklaces, mini tassels & Bookmarks - at least 8" the width of a pencil
Tassel Shoo Fly - Twice as long as the desired length + 1-2" These require a lot of hair.
No hair? No problem, I have hair on hand to create your desired piece(s).
How should I send the hair?
1. Sending hair that is washed, banded at one end, sealed in a plastic zip bag and labeled with your last name and the horse's name is the preferred way. Each section of tail/mane should be banded separately.
2. *Unsorted hair is accepted, and for a nominal fee I will sort the hair. Please be sure to add "hair sorting" on the ordering page.
3.* Unwashed hair is accepted and for a small fee I will wash the hair. Please be sure to add "hair washing" on the ordering page.
a. white hair - I have had a lot of success brightening white hair that has become stained with a brown or yellow hue. Be sure to add "hair washing" on the ordering page.
*Sending unwashed or unsorted hair will increase the turnaround time by at least one day*
Three sections of unsorted hair
Unwashed and washed hair